/ english version, bellow the portuguese /
AlexandreLima, 47 anos, nascido no Rio de Janeiro, vive em São Paulo. Fala e escreve em inglês, fala francês.
Montando o documentário "Klavdij Sluban, Never Erase".
Montador do documentário "JAIR RODRIGUES, DEIXA QUE DIGAM", 104'. 2019.
Montador do documentário Curumim. 106’. Festival de Berlim, 2016. Indicado ao prêmio de Melhor Montagem em Documentário no Grande Prêmio do Cinema Brasileiro.
Fotógrafo e montador da série documental sobre teatro, "DE ONDE SE VÊ".
Montador e um dos fotógrafos de Super Libris, SESCTV (2ª temporada). Programa de TV sobre literatura.
Montagem e desenho de som de uma série de 7 doc-curtas RUA! sobre artistas e ativistas de rua, dirigidos por Tata Amaral, entre os quais, além de montar, fotografou o episódio Carro Verde.
Fotógrafo e editor do documentário da TV CULTURA: "Tatu, que bola é essa". 29'.
Editor da FusionTV (EUA) durante a Copa do Mundo de Futebol no Brasil
Editor de Super Libris, 1ª e 2ª temporadas. programa de televisão sobre literatura.
Editor e roteirista de quatro episódios da série documental "Passagem de Som"(SESCTV) sobre música brasileira. 2013
Editor do programa de televisão "Na estrada" no Canal Saúde (Fiocruz). 2013
Diretor e câmera dos episódios brasileiros de TIME FOR SCHOOL. EUA / NY. PBS World Documentary. Série sobre educação universal, onde colaborei como director e produtor entre 2003 e 2016.
Câmera, direção e montagem do documentário "MAKING OF TROPA DE ELITE 2". 57’.Mostra de SP 2011. O filme foi indicado ao prêmio de Melhor Documentário na 35ªMostra de Cinema de São Paulo 2011.
Câmera, direção e montagem do filme "MAKING OF TROPA DE ELITE 1" (63 '), doc sobre o filme de José Padilha Tropa de Elite (Golden Bear, Festival de Berlim2008).
Obs. Em ambos os Making Ofs dos TROPAS, aprofundamos, indo além de um Making Of tradicional e realizando dois docs longas.
- Assistência de direção
ESTAMIRA, Melhor Doc no Festival de Karlov Vary e Grande Prêmio no Festival de Documentário de Marselha. Dir. Marcos Prado.
ÔNIBUS 174 (BUS 174), EMMY AWARD WINNER 2005. Dir. José Padilha.
GARAPA (Berlinale, Panorama) Dir. JoséPadilha
PANTANEIROS (Pantanal Cowboys), dirigido por Marcos Prado e José Padilha.
Além dos trabalhos descritos acima, produzi e dirigi diversos filmes institucionais para empresas, onde tive muita liberdade para experimentar, inventar e testar linguagens, portanto fazendo destas práticas a partir de encomendas, a minha escola de cinema.
Fiz pesquisa para roteiros de filmes de ficção e ministrei oficinas de documentário. Abaixo, cito algumas experiências.
- Fotógrafo, roteirista e editor dos videos da campanha de Luciana Genro à prefeitura de Porto Alegre. 2016.
- Ministrei oficinas de documentário na Casa da Juventude, RJ; Liga do Funk e Jornalistas Livres, SP; Oficinas Oswald de Andrade; Senac_SP; Escola Estadual Fernão Dias .
- Fotógrafo e editor da campanha de Luciana Genro à presidência da república. 2014.
- Dirigi uma série de filmes de Marcelo Freixo em sua campanha à prefeitura do Rio de Janeiro. 2012.
- 2008 - Pesquisador de campo do filme de José Padilha, Devil's Throat, em Ciudad Del Este, Paraguai. 2008.
- Filmei e fotografei adolescentes brasileiros (participantes de projetos sociais), na Copa do Mundo, na Alemanha, para a Coca Cola. O trabalho final foi um mini doc e um fotolivro.
Além de colaborar no cinema e na televisão, principalmente como montador, estou desenvolvendo 4 projetos de filme:
Tomar corpo (doc longa)
Cicatrizes (doc longa)
Berço (doc media)
João (ficção longa)
Brazilian, male, born in Rio de Janeiro, 47. Lives in São Paulo.
2020 - Editing documentary "Klavdij Sluban, Never Erase".
2019 - Editor of documentary Curumim, "JAIR RODRIGUES, DEIXA QUE DIGAM", 104'. 2019.
2018 - Photographer and editor of documentary serie about theater, "DE ONDE SE VÊ".
2017 - Editor and one of the photographers of Super Libris, second season, a TV show concerning literature. São Paulo.
- Photographer and editor on Luciana Genro’s campaign when she was running for Mayor of Porto Alegre on 2016 election. She is a member of PSOL (Socialism and Freedom Party).Porto Alegre.
- Workshop on documentary filmmaking for young people at “Casa da Juventude”, PSOL.
2015 - Editor of documentary Curumim. 106’. Berlin Festival, 2016. Nominated Best Editing on Documentary for Brazil Cinema's Academy Grand Prize.
- Field producer (field director equivalent) and camera for the brazilian episodes of TIME FOR SCHOOL. USA/NY. PBS worldwide documentary series about education.
- Editor and sound designer of a serie of 7 mini films named RUA!(STREET!) for São Paulo’s Human Right’s Council, about street artists and activists, directed by Tata Amaral.
- Photographer of episode RUA! Carro Verde, directed by Tata Amaral.
- Editor for FusionTV during the Soccer World Cup in Brazil
- Photographer and editor on Luciana’s Genro campaign when she was running for President on 2014 election. She is a member of PSOL (Socialism and Freedom Party). Porto Alegre.
- Photographer and editor for TV CULTURA’s documentary about the armadillo.“Tatu, que bola é essa”. 29’. Piauí, Ceará.
- Editor of Super Libris, first season, a TV show concerning literature.
- Editor of TV show “Na estrada” on Canal Saúde. Show about the state’s health program in poor areas in Brazil.
- Editor and script writer of four episodes of Tv docs “Passagem de Som” about brazilian music.
- Directed Marcelo Freixo’s campaign’s films when he was running for Mayor of Rio de Janeiro. Marcelo Freixo is a deputy and president of the human rights council of the legislative assembly in Rio. He is a member of PSOL (Socialism and Freedom Party).
2010 - Directed, operated camera and edited documentary “MAKING OF ELIT SQUAD 2”, about José Padilha’s film Tropa de Elite 2. I made it beyond a traditional Making Of and turned it into a 57’ documentary. The film was nominated for Best Documentary at 35ª Interntional Film Festival São Paulo 2011
2009 - Field producer (field director equivalent) and camera for the brazillian episodes of TIME FOR SCHOOL. USA/NY. PBS
2008 - Field researcher for the José Padilha’s film Devil’s Throat in Ciudad Del Este, Paraguay.
2007 - Directed, operated camera and edited documentary “MAKING OF ELIT SQUAD 1” (63’), about José Padilha’s film Tropa de Elite (Golden Bear, Berlin Festival 2008).
2006 - Field producer (field director equivalent) and camera for the Brazilian episodes of TIME FOR SCHOOL. USA/NY. PBS
2005 - Direction assistant on documentary Garapa (Berlinale, Panorama 2009) by José Padilha
2001 - 2004 -Direction assistant on documentary ESTAMIRA, Winner of Best Doc in Karlov Vary Festival and Grand Prix in Marseille Documentary Festival. Directed by Marcos Prado.
2000 - 2002 –Direction assistant on documentary Ônibus 174 (BUS 174), EMMY AWARD WINNER 2005. Directed by José Padilha.
2001 -Production and direction assistant on documentary “Pantaneiros” (Pantanal Cowboys), directed by Marcos Prado and José Padilha. Mato Grosso do Sul.
Besides the described works above, in order to make a living as a filmmaker, I’ve produced, directed, photographed and edited many different kinds of commercial videos for companies and people who requested my services to tell their stories. I’ve also filmed many weddings, which end up being a great practice on storytelling, since I was shooting real people and real stories, where I had total freedom to narrate their celebration however I felt it should be. On every single wedding, the way of shooting and putting the films together were as different as each wedding story demanded it to be.
- Life, other work experiences and education
- Graduated in mid 2018 in Graphic Design at Faculdade das Américas (FAM).
- 1987/88 - In 87 was 15 years old and had my first job, working as an “office boy” (delivery person), for a business company, delivering documents and making payments around downtown, Rio de Janeiro. In 1988, I was promoted as a sales assistant.
- In between 1989 and 1992 I’ve lived in the USA, in Oklahoma, learning english for six months, then in San Diego where I end up doing my senior year of school in La Jolla High School. After graduating, I've travelled to Kauai, HI, where was surfing, fishing, living and working as a cook for the night shift at Zelo's Fish Grill.
1989, January-June: Exchange Student Program. Northwest Classen High School. Oklahoma City, USA.
September, 89 - July 1990 – Senior graduation on La Jolla High School, San Diego, CA. While in High School I have worked as pizza delivery, house cleaning, labor on construction sites, gardener, etc. CA, USA.
1990-1992– After my High School graduation, I went to Hawaii to spend two months, but end up being there for two years. I've worked as a cook for the night shift at Zelo's restaurante in Princeville, Kauai.
1992-97– Back to Brazil after four years away I started working as a local tour-guide in Rio de Janeiro, managing and guiding foreign people around town. From one or two executive business people until big groups of tourists. During this period I also travelled to many parts of Brazil, Mexico, Jamaica and many times to the USA, also as a tour guide.
1997-1999 – Enrolled at Journalism (social communication course) at “City University” (Higher education college). Did not finish education until graduation, but it was there where I’ve had the first and definitive encounter with photography. Rio de Janeiro.
1997 –Went to the streets to photograph the privatization of Brazilian state company “Vale do Rio Doce”. Rio de Janeiro.
1998 - France World Cup of Football. I’ve worked for 5 months as a production assistant for a Brazilian company before and during the games. I also took photos that were used to promote the work done by the company. With the money I saved from the job in France, I travelled to Indonesia for two months.
1999 - Back in Brazil, started working as an assistant for several photographers (locals and foreigners) shooting most advertisement and fashion.
2000 - Started doing my own work as a commercial photographer
- Complementary studies
- Fiction screenwriting with Rubens Rewald, Barco, SP, 2017.
- Arts, Body and Politics - Deleuze e Guattari, Pratical Philosophy - 2015
- THE FILMS WHO THINKS: Philosophy, Cinema and Delirium – 2015
- Creative Process with Charles Watson, 2009
- Video Art with Alice Miceli, 2006
- Photography History- 2002
- Experimental Photography in black and white lab w/ Denise Cathilina, 2001
- Creative Color in still photography with Walter Firmo, 2001
- Photojournalism – 1999